Step 1: Become A Volunteer
Volunteers help with everything from walking dogs, to socializing with cats and kittens, to doing laundry, to helping at special events. There is never a shortage of help needed and never a job too big or too small. We value our volunteers who donate their time, so please make sure Nevada Humane Society is the right fit for you.
Step 2: Volunteer Profile
If you are interested in volunteering for Nevada Humane Society, please fill out a volunteer profile. If you do not have access to the internet, you may pick up a volunteer application at our shelter and turn it in via fax, email, or in person.
NHS receives hundreds of profiles every month, and each profile is given individual attention. We work tirelessly to move each profile through the system as quickly as possible. If you have not heard from us within two weeks, please call right away. We look forward to working with you.
Step 3: Attend Orientation
Volunteers age 16 or older must attend a roughly one hour volunteer orientation prior to volunteering. Once your profile has been reviewed, you will receive directions for how to register for orientation. Orientations are held once a month. Once you’ve attended a volunteer orientation, you are ready to schedule volunteer hours. All scheduling may be done through the online volunteer system.
Additional Requirements for Volunteering:
- Volunteers must be 10 years of age or older.
- Volunteers need to fill out a volunteer application/profile.
- Volunteers 16-years or older need to attend volunteer orientation.
- Volunteers need to make a minimum time commitment of fifteen hours within six months of volunteer service.
- Depending on the volunteer activity, volunteers may be required to attend additional training.
- Volunteers under the age of 16 are eligible to volunteer for all volunteer activities with the exception of dog handling and clinic work.
- Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who is 18 or older at all times, including training.
- Volunteers 16-17 years of age are eligible for all volunteer activities with the exception of dog handling and clinic work provided we receive legal guardian approval.
- Volunteers 18 years or older are eligible for all volunteer activities. Some activities will require additional training beyond orientation.
For immediate questions unable to be answered at any of the links below, please contact Megan McCalister by email email@example.com.
Nevada Humane Society Volunteers Save Lives!
The success of our Volunteer Program is not only measured by the dedication of time given by our remarkable volunteers, but by the selfless acts they contribute to make life better for homeless companion animals. Thank you for helping us care for Nevada’s pets, find them homes and save their lives.