Lost & Found Pets
Lost & Found Pets in Carson City
Below are a list of tips and resources to help reunite you with your pet. We highly recommend you try all of these options to help bring your best friend home quickly and safely.
- Visit the Lost & Found Pets page for our Carson City Shelter to see if your pet has been picked up by our Animal Control Officers and is waiting to be reunited with you.
- Check local websites and Facebook Groups for lost and found pets in our area.
- Post flyers throughout the neighborhood you lost the pet, local Veterinary offices, pet stores, grocery stores, parks and community areas with your pet’s photo and your phone number.
- Contact your microchip company to report your pet lost and ensure your pet’s information is up-to-date.
*People who claim to have your pet and are only willing to return it for a fee are often scammers. We have heard many heart-breaking stories from people who were taken advantage of in this way. If you find yourself in this situation, make sure you request a photo of your pet to ensure you are not being taken advantage of.
Below are a list of tips and resources to help you reunite the lost pet you found with it’s owner.
- If the pet has a collar, check for ID tags with owner contact information and contact the owner.
- Check to see if a lost pet report has posted on local websites and Facebook Groups for lost and found pets in our area to see if the pet’s owner is looking for them.
- If no lost pet report has been shared on any of the sites listed above, create posts letting people know you have found a lost pet and be sure to include; the pet’s photo, information on where you found the pet and how the pet’s owner can reach you.
- Post flyers in the area you found the pet. Be sure to include; the pet’s photo, information on where you found the pet and how the pet’s owner can reach you.
- Have the pet scanned for a microchip. Microchips can be scanned for free at any of the following locations:
- Any Veterinary Clinic
- Nevada Humane Society
- Washoe County Regional Animal Services
- Northern Nevada SPCA
Lost & Found Pets in Washoe County
If you have lost or found a pet in Washoe County, you will want to visit the Washoe County Regional Animal Services website for tips to help you find your pet, or ways you can help to reunite the pet you found with their family.