Join us for Maddie’s Pet Adoption Days. Adopt a shelter pet June 11-12, and we’ll waive the adoption fee making your new furry friend FREE! For this special event, we will
Join us for Maddie’s Pet Adoption Days. Adopt a shelter pet June 11-12, and we’ll waive the adoption fee making your new furry friend FREE!
For this special event, we will be allowing the community back into our shelter, giving you the opportunity to safely meet and interact with our shelter pets, to help you choose the perfect new addition to your family. To do this safely, we will be allowing small groups of people to enter the shelter with a Nevada Humane Society team member to guide them safely through the shelter and coordinate their shelter pet meetings.
Because this event is so popular, and we often have extended waiting periods. So this year, we have fun things for you to do while you wait to meet your new Furry Soulmate!
Washoe County Health Department will be onsite administering the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine Friday from 10:00am – 2:00pm.
The Dave & Cheryl Duffield Foundation make this amazing event possible by giving us $200 for every pet adopted out during Maddie’s Pet Adoption Days. Helping us to care for, and save, even more animals! #ThanksToMaddie
Sharing on social media? Don’t forget to use the hashtag #maddiesadoptiondays on all of your amazing posts!
Maddie’s Pet Adoption Days Shelter Rules
- If you or anyone in your group are feeling ill, please stay home.
- Masks are required and need to be fully in place over your nose and mouth for the entire time you are in the shelter or interacting with staff and volunteers.
- You will be required to sanitize your hands prior to entering the shelter and between each animal interaction.
- Valid ID and completed adoption paper applications are required prior to entry into the shelter.
- No more than 4 people per group entering the shelter.
- All visitors will be accompanied by a staff member while in the shelter.
- You will need to select if you wish to visit with Cats, Dogs or Small Animals, you will not be permitted to visit with any other animal species.
- You may visit with up to 3 animals.
- You will be able to visit with each animal for a maximum of 5 minutes.
- If you have not found your Furry Soulmate after visiting with 3 animals, you are welcome to meet more shelter pets, but you will need to exit the shelter and wait in line for another turn.
- Do not leave your dogs or children unattended.
- Due to limited shelter capacity wait times for entry may be extensive.
- Your patience is appreciated, as we do our best to keep our staff, animals and you as safe as possible.
- You may be asked to leave if you demonstrate noncompliance with any of these rules.
11 (Friday) 10:00 am - 12 (Saturday) 6:00 pm