Are you looking for a way to make an immediate difference this holiday season? By volunteering for our Foster for the Holiday program you can make a huge impact on
Are you looking for a way to make an immediate difference this holiday season? By volunteering for our Foster for the Holiday program you can make a huge impact on pets in need. This Christmas we are sending 10 of our longest term animals to spend their holiday season out of the shelter in a loving foster home. When volunteering for this amazing opportunity we ask that you are able to do the following:
- Be an ambassador for your foster pet for the week & help them find a loving forever home! Our ultimate goal of this program is that these pets do not return to the shelter and stay in a loving home.
- Share photos & updates with our marketing team.
- Provide a safe and loving space for these pets to decompress from the stresses of the shelter.
We will provide the following to make your week with your Foster for the Holiday pet as successful as possible:
- All of the basic care supplies such as food, a bed, leash, litter, etc.
- A marketing toolkit to provide you with guidance on how to best market your foster pet.
- Holiday dos and don’ts. What foods and stressful situations to avoid this holiday season.
Does this sound like something you are ready to help with? Great! Please fill out our foster interest form here, be sure to indicate that you are interested in the Foster for the Holidays program. Please note that this amazing opportunity may fill up quickly & we will reach out if we have a pet that would be a good fit for your home.
November 15 (Monday) - December 21 (Tuesday)
Reno Location - Nevada Humane Society
2825 Longley Lane, Suite B