There are plenty of ways you can support our shelter pets, even if you cannot make a monetary donation:
- Share your happy tails! This inspires others to rescue a shelter pet in need.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Share our posts on social channels, this helps us to reach more people and find pets home faster!
- Sign up to volunteer. Our pets still need help from you for simple things like spending time or going for walks.
- Have old pet supplies? We accept in-kind donations of toys, pet beds and even opened food if it is not expired.
- Tell your friends and family about us! And make sure they sign up to receive the Barkington Post newsletter.
- Write us a review on Google or Facebook to share your positive experience with our team.
- Sign up to be a foster volunteer or donate an item from our foster wish list.
- Have photography experience? We love a good glamour shot of our animals –sign up to volunteer!
- Help at home: keep collars on your pets, have them microchipped, spayed and neutered, and keep your dog on leash when not on your property.
New Facebook Frames
We have created adorable Facebook frames to show off your support from your personal page.
So how do you use these frames?
- Click on your profile picture.
- Click on Update profile picture.
3. Click on Add Frame.
4. This will give you the option to search for various created Frames.
5. Search for Nevada Humane Society on the left hand side.
6. Click on the right one for you.
7. Save your changes.
Direct links to our new Facebook Frames:
Check out our Very first Dog Wedding
Oh-Da-Babay and Lightning Liam, with the help of our staff, got married at our Carson City Shelter on March 13, 2021. These two pups fell in love in foster care and are not living happily ever after. Make sure to check out their website for videos, photos and a list of items these two are hoping for as wedding gifts: https://theknot.com/lightningliamandoh-da-babay
Watch these two walk down the aisle, read their story and and learn how this all came to be! Be sure to take a look at their registry which contains items are much needed to the happy couple and their shelter pup friends.