As the month and the summer came to a close, many of you opened your hearts to support our annual Duck Race and welcome it back to Wingfield Park. Together you purchased 47,340 Ducks. If you stacked all of those ducks on top of each other it would be over 13,800 feet – taller than Mount Rose and over 11 Empire State Buildings stacked on top of each other.
A special thank you to our presenting sponsor, Carson City Toyota, for your support and providing the grand prize of a new car or $10,000.
And a giant thanks to our additional fabulous sponsors:
- Platinum: Chewy
- Gold: Renown, VCA Animal Hospitals
- Silver: Commercial Project Management Nevada
- Bronze: Reno Eye Institute, Rock Solid Solutions, and Wetnose Furrtography
- Feathered Friend: Cashman Equipment
- And, of course, our Beer Garden Sponsor: Piñon Bottle Company
Our sponsors, your duck purchases, hundreds of volunteers, and all who attended the Duck Race came together to help raise over $215,000 for the animals of Nevada Humane Society. To see who this year’s Duck Race winners were, visit the Duck Race website.
Thank you to everyone who helped make this event a HUGE success for our shelter pets!