Looking for a delicious treat your pup can have?
Try a dog friendly cookie. These can be made with simple ingredients and will make your dog oh-so-happy! Follow the steps below to make these easy cookies and have fun giving them to your dog. Just try not to give them too many at once!
Peanut (NHS alum) helped us try out these cookies, and he gave them the stamp of approval.
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour (Whole wheat may be more easy for your dogs to digest, especially because some dogs have sensitivity to things like gluten)
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter (check to make sure that the Peanut Butter contains no Xylitol as this is toxic to our pets)
- 2/3 Cup Pumpkin (pumpkin puree works best, but make sure that this is not confused with pumpkin pie filling or anything of the sort)
- 2 Eggs
- Cookie Cutter (of whichever design you would prefer)
- Rolling pin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your cookie sheet with non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Combine all your wet ingredients: Peanut butter, Pumpkin, and Eggs.
- Gradually beat in your flour to the mixture, a quarter cup at a time.
- Mix until well combined, and the dough is not sticky.
- Sprinkle some extra flour on the counter or surface that you are going to use to roll out your dough, to prevent it from sticking.
- Knead out the dough on to the counter, and then take your rolling pin and roll it out until it is flat.
- Cut shapes from the dough with your cookie cutters, and place them on your baking sheet
- Bake for about 20 minutes, and then let cool.
- Serve to your hungry pup!