Employment Opportunities at Nevada Humane Society
For non-exempt jobs, please come to the Nevada Humane Society shelter in person between 11 am and 6:30pm on Mondays through Fridays, 10am and 6:30pm on Saturdays, and 10am and 4:30pm on Sundays to complete an application form.
For exempt jobs, please e-mail your resume and a one-page cover letter to . We are looking for candidates who have a commitment to the cause, so please be sure to explain in your cover letter why this job appeals to you.
All applicants must be at least 18 years old with a high school graduation or GED. Applicants must have a valid Driver's License or reliable transportation, and if hired, able to present a clean driving record. As Nevada Humane Society is open seven days a week and all but two holidays a year, availability and willingness to work a flexible schedule is required. Two years of public contact work or volunteer experience is preferred.
Applicants will be contacted if an interview is requested, however, we apologize that due to an overwhelming number of applicants we cannot respond to inquiries via phone or email.
Non-exempt (hourly) Job Opportunities
- Adoption Counselor (full time) | Job Description (PDF)
- Cat Caregiver (full time) | Job Description (PDF)
- Dog Caregiver (part time) | Job Description (PDF)
- Licensed Vet Tech (full time) | Job Description (PDF)
Professional exempt (salary) Job Opportunities
- Associate Shelter Veterinarian (full time) | Job Description (PDF)
- Dog Care Manager | Job Description (PDF)