Donate Supplies or a Vehicle
NHS is a charitable, 501(c)3, non-profit organization and the Federal Tax ID is 88-0072720. Our lifesaving success is dependent about individual, business, and foundation donations. Thanks for your support on behalf of the animals!
Your kind gifts to the Nevada Humane Society allow us to spend our funds on other, more immediate needs. We deeply appreciate your generosity! Generally, most new or gently used pet items are accepted, including things like toys, pet beds, carriers and kennels. Opened pet food or treats are accepted if they are not expired and we prefer them in the original packaging. Towels, blankets and sheets are other items we can use. Donations may be made during our regular adoption hours, which are Sunday through Friday, 11am to 6:30pm, and on Saturday, from 10am to 6:30pm at either our Reno or Carson City location.
For non-pet related donation items, such as furniture, household goods and other human necessities, please know they are generally not accepted. Appliances and large electronics, including televisions, computers and more, are also not generally not accepted (though some modern technologies may be with prior arrangement). For specific questions, please contact 775-856-2000 ext. 324.
To order items from Amazon, view our general wish list items or our kitten wish list items. Ship to 2825 Longley Lane, Suite B, Reno, NV 89502. Be sure to use AmazonSmile too, a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. Just choose Nevada Humane Society as your charity of choice!
Our Cats Are Wishing For:
- Toys, such as laser lights, bubbles, small toys in bulk
- Food, dry and canned, any brand (no fish, please)
- Cat beds, tall scratching posts
- Non-clumping or clay cat litter
- Small cat carriers
- Kitten milk replacer
- Canned, all natural, pumpkin
- Feliway spray and plug-ins
Our Dogs Are Wishing For:
- Toys, at least 6”+ diameter and chew resistant, XXL Kong, Jolly Balls
- Treats, chewy and non-rawhide
- Collars, leashes and harnesses
- Puppy milk replacer
- Hot dogs and peanut butter (without xylitol)
General Wish List:
- Bedding: towels, blankets, Kuranda beds and towers
- Carriers: plastic pet carriers
- Electronics: digital cameras (newer models), iPads, laptop computers
- Cleaning: Dawn dishwashing liquid, HE liquid laundry soap, paper towels
- Kleenex tissue
- Box truck
- Tru Catch 30LTD humane cat traps for TNR program
If you are looking to donate a vehicle, please know we partner with Donate for Charity, Inc. to make this easy for everyone. Our expertise is not in selling cars, therefore we utilize professionals to help us gain the maximum amount of profit from your vehicle! Your vehicle can be picked up from almost any location in all 50 states and it does not have to be operational. To donate your vehicle, please call 866-392-4483 or complete the donation form online. The year, make, model and approximate mileage, as well as the VIN will need to be provided. For more specific vehicle questions, please click here.