Hugs and Kisses for your Pup
This February, do something special for the ones you love, including your pet. Heading off to a romantic dinner? Make these treats ahead of time and give them to your pup before you go.
Make sure to gather these ingredients:
- 3 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 250g Plain Organic Yoghurt or Carob Drops
- 2 Large Bowls
- Rolling Pin
- X and O shaped Cookie Cutters
- Grab your two large bowls. In one bowl combine the water, olive oil, molasses and honey.
- In the second bowl combine the flour, and cinnamon.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Mix until all are combined.
- Divide the dough into two, wrap and refrigerate for minimum 3.5 hours.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use the X and O Cookie Cutters to cut out the treats.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Line 2 cookie trays with baking paper.
- Place on baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
1. Place the yogurt or carob drops in a heat safe bowl. Microwave or melt the drops over boiling water.
2. Dip the treats into the melted drops and allow to cool before serving.
If you have extra cookies, depending on the size of the cutters, bag them up and pass them out as a Valentine to all your dog’s friends!
For more healthy and fun recipes for your pets, visit the recipes page on our blog.
This Recipe was adapted from a recipe on Pretty Fluffy.