Salmon has great nutritional value for us, as well as our feline friends. It is known to have Omega-3 which promotes heart health, and it is a great source of protein. This holiday season, treat your cat companion to a delicious snack that will keep their taste buds and bodies happy. While you eat your sweet potatoes, they can too!
- 1 (14 oz.) can of wild-caught salmon
- 1 ½ cups sweet potato, baked and mashed
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Silicone mold ice tray (Optional: fish shaped mold tray)
- Combine salmon and sweet potato in a large bowl, using a fork to mash up bigger pieces of fish.
- In a food processor, pulse together oats and parsley, until this is finely chopped. Then add this to the sweet potato-salmon mixture.
- Fold everything together, and add this to your fish shaped or silicon molding of some sort.
- Freeze the mixture for 2-3 hours and serve!
Visit 12 Tomatoes for this recipe and more.