Warm summer days, Cool summer treats
There are many ways you can make frozen treats for your dog for summer time delicious fun!
Here at the shelter, we give our pups little “pupsicles” as in enrichment and a way to give them a nice treat. These usually consist of wet food, that is frozen into ice cube trays and distributed throughout the day.
During the summer months, It can get quite warm outside. These will help cool your pup down and give them something to keep them busy for a bit. This is just one way to make frozen treats, there are many ingredient possibilities!
1 Banana, peeled
3-4 Tablespoons of peanut butter
32 Ounces of plain non fat yogurt
Muffin tin or ice cube tray
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender and blend them up until they are a smooth consistency.
- If you want an added crunch, you can add in a couple of treat but make sure the pieces get semi broken up.
- Grab an ice cube tray or muffin tin container to pour the mixture into.
- Pop this into the freezer for about two hours until solid.
- Serve them to your pup(s)!