This Years Things to be Thankful for
There is a lot to be grateful for this year, but a few things especially stand out in our minds during this season of thankfulness and giving. We just wanted to mention some of the monumental things that stand out in our minds as helping shelter pets and our community this year.
- We are thankful for our partners at Washoe County, and the special kits that we are able to work together to provide to the people experiencing homelessness in our community.
- We have partnered with several other specialists this year to help with treating and caring for our shelter pets. These include Sierra Veterinary Specialists, Animal Emergency Center and VCA Loomis Basin Veterinary clinic.
- We have worked with people like Dr. Kristin Kee, an acupuncturist to provide crucial care for pets in need, as well as Leotitia with Portable Animal Western Sonography
- All the pets that have been adopted! We have found homes for over 6,000 pets this year.
- Local businesses, like Zoom Room who is offering FREE training services for our shelter pets that need extra help before getting adopted, Pet Station and The Eddy (just to name a few) who have been continuous supporters!
- The Nevada Bill SB 103 that our clinic manager helped work on getting passed that prevents insurance companies from discriminating based on breeds of dogs. This therefore allowing people to not have to worry that just because a dog is classified as a certain breed, that they may have to pay more or live somewhere else.
- All the support and donations we received to help our surrounding communities when the Caldor and Dixie Fires hit.
- Our foundation partners including Petco Love and The Dave & Cheryl Duffield foundation for their continued support of the Nevada Humane Society.
These are just some of the amazing things that took place this year! There are so many ways that you can help out rescue pets in need, and if you wish to make a difference you can visit our Support NHS Page.