Get Some Fresh Air
It has been designated that the first Saturday of every month is National Play Outside Day!
That marks today, June 5 as the play outside day for June. This day is designed to encourage people of all ages to get outside, get moving, and move away from those screens for just a few hours! Fresh air is good for you as well as your furry friends.
Pets make everything more fun, so why not think of some creative ways you can get them involved in your outdoor adventures.
We brainstormed some activities you can do with your dog to get outside:
- Good old fashioned walk. Take your dog and get going, walk fast or slow, short or long whatever you two prefer!
- Biking. Many dogs like to come along on bike rides and run next to you while you bike.
- Go for a hike. Find a dog friendly trail, pack up some snacks, treats a portable water bowl and get to trekking!
- Photoshoot fun. Grab some props, maybe a bandana and your phone, and suddenly you have a whole set up to snap great photos of your pup.
- Check out our list of dog friendly restaurants and go dine on a patio with your pup!
- Head to the park. Take your dog to the park with you and have a picnic! Make sure to check out Washoe County’s map of parks if you want to visit a dog park.
- Camping! Head to the outdoors, or just your backyard. Pitch a tent for you and a tent for your pup.
- Farmers Market shopping. Many farmers market actually allow you to bring your dog along for the fun.
Do any of these, or think of your own fun ways to hang outside with your pup. Remember to have plenty of water on hand for both of you!