Cats Rule Our Lives
Let’s face it, as pet owners, our cats might already have control over many things we do such as asking for attention, when we let them in or out, even how often we feed them a day. So with today being Cat World Domination Day, why not give in just a little more and make something extra special for them?
Homemade Cat Toys
- Carboard Cat Condo: Instead of throwing out that extra box and packaging you had around, turn it into your cats very own home! You can cut windows into it, and even use extra boxes to make it multiple stories (as long as it’s sturdy!)
- Stuffed cat toy: Make a stuffed cat toy out of felt in any shape or pattern you decide. you can then stuff it with stuffing and sew it together. Throw some catnip in the center to make them really love it!
- Sock toy: All you need for this one is a sock that you don’t necessarily care a lot about(preferably with longer ankles), and some packing paper to put in the middle. Add in some catnip to this one as well to make it extra enticing! Tie the end shut and you have endless entertainment.
- Make your own Wack-A-Mole: This is is a fun toy and way of enriching your kitty. We included in our Pro Tips for Cat Owners piece. This entails simply cutting square holes into an old box such as for soda cans, and popping a toy up and down through it for them to try and grab.
- Roll toys: Keep a toilet paper roll and transform it into a treat filled fun time! Cut very small holes (large enough for small treats to fit through) into the roll and then fill it with treats. Fold each end into itself so that you do not lose the treats out the end of the roll. You can even hot glue it so that it is more secure. Your cat can bat it around, working to get the treats out!
- Feather toy: You can take a leather string and simply tie a feather to the end. This will keep your cat entertained as you drag it around! Add a bell on if they enjoy sounds.