Save the Planet, with Your Pet.
In order to celebrate Earth Day, we want to share a few ideas of things you can do to celebrate this year! These fun ideas are centered around your pet, so animal lovers look no further.
Here are some tips on how you can spend Earth Day with your pet and reduce your environmental impact:
- Create a new toy out of old materials. Use old shirts, blankets or materials sitting around your house to construct a new toy for your dog or cat. This will save you a trip to the store (reducing emissions) and helps to recycle materials. We have some ideas for homemade cat toys as well as some for creating activities for your pup!
- Support Eco friendly pet brands! This includes places that use recycled materials and use fewer dyes in their products.
- Shop Local. This reduces the amount of miles that a product takes to get from production into your hands.
- Reuse your pets water! Don’t throw Fido’s old water right down the drain. Instead, use it to water your garden or house plants. The average American family uses more than 300 gallons of water per day in their home.
- Walk your pet. Dogs need exercise in order to have a healthy lifestyle. Save energy by turning off the TV and getting outside with your pet. Walking to your destination can improve your health along with your pets, and then you don’t have to expend gas driving to the park or the gym.
- Let your freshly bathed pup lay out in the sun to air dry after giving them a bath, instead of reaching for the hair dryer.
- You can always donate old blankets and towels to us, as the shelter animals need things to keep them comfortable while they stay with us. This is a way they can be recycled and put to good use!
For more tips and tricks, check out the rest of our blog!